Praying God’s Word is one of the most powerful strategies for prayer. God’s Word is truth. God’s Word is clear. God’s Word is power.
A Plan for Praying Scripture:
Read the Scripture several times. Read it out loud if possible.
- What does this mean?
- What truth can I affirm?
- What is the message in the text and context?
(You may choose to write out the Scripture at this point.)
- Begin by making this affirmation: Lord, Your Word is as a grace gift for my life, my family and my friends.
- Personalize it.
- Put your name in the verse(s).
- After personalizing the Scripture, say the Scripture back to God.
- Refer to the verse throughout the day as a reminder.
Below are some passages that you can use to guide your prayer time. (Make each passage a link)
Director of Women’s Ministry, Prayer, & Resource Specialist