Begin by Praying (Ask God to open your heart and mind so you can understand His Word)
Lord, would you give use help in understanding Your Word today and wisdom in applying it to our daily lives. Help us cultivate Gentle and Quiet Spirits for Your glory. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Now Read … 1 Peter 5:1-14.
Listen (Receive some thoughts and further insights about the lessons studied)
Main truths from lesson 21 (1 Peter 5:1-5)
- As you shepherd God’s flock, do so by example.
- For those being “shepherded,” submit to those in authority over you.
- For “Everyone,” clothe yourselves with humility.
Main truths from lesson 22 (1 Peter 5:6-9)
- Humble yourself to God.
- Cast your anxieties on Him.
- Be watchful of the devil and his schemes.
- Be steadfast in your faith as you suffer.
Main truth for lesson 23 (1 Peter 5:10-11)
- After suffering a little while God will perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you for His glory.
Main truth for lesson 24 (1 Peter 5:12-14)
- God desires for us to live in peace with Him and with others.
For further insight on this passage, click here and read this week’s WOW Weekly Moment.
I don’t know what tomorrow holds for you or for me, but I do know that no matter what we face, if we look to Jesus, we will find hope, joy, love, and peace during our earthly journey.
Respond (Apply spiritual truth to your life) Don’t forget to post your comments below!!
- What kind of example are you leading with?
- How do you guard against the devil’s schemes when you suffer? Having a plan in place for this will help you maintain the “gentle and quiet spirit” we’ve been praying for.
- How have you send God perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you for His glory as you have endured suffering?
Well ladies, we have come to the end of our study, Putting On a Gentle & Quiet Spirit by Elizabeth George. I have enjoyed being on this journey with You. Let’s remember to continue to pray for each other as we daily continue to cultivate that “gentle and quiet spirit.” Blessings to you!
Precious Father, thank You for Your Word that teaches and instructs. Thank You for giving me the desire to cultivate a gentle and quiet sprit. Help me to learn day-by-day what it means to do this and give me the peace that only comes from Your presence. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Jacqueline Heider is the Director of Women’s Ministry, Prayer & Resource Specialist at Warren Baptist Church.