The Women’s Ministry is thrilled to announce our 1st Online Bible Study! My name is Jacqueline Heider, and I have the honor of leading us through this study.
I’ll be honest. This study is going to be challenging. I don’t say that to scare you off; I say it to encourage you to pray! Doing this study will change you – for the better! The enemy isn’t going to like that much so He’s going to try to do anything He can to discourage you, I promise! But if you stay strong, keep focused on Jesus, and prayerfully walk with the Lord through this study, you will come away with a more focused passion for God, with a revived heart, and with newfound humility.
King David said in Psalm 51:10 17, Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
God will reward our time, change our hearts, and be delighted in us as we dive into His Word and seek His heart!
How You Can Participate:
- Subscribe to the Online Bible Study by emailing me at here. I will add you to our Online Bible Study list and you will receive an email every Wednesday morning for the next 6-7 weeks with a link to the latest post. It’s that simple! (If you received an email of this post, that means you are subscribed!)
What You Need to Participate in our online Bible Study:
- A Bible (or free online resource)
- “Brokenness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. You may purchase it online here or in the Women’s Ministry Office.
- A journal to write down your answers to your homework questions, or you may download the homework questions each week that I post and keep them in a notebook. In the post it will say something like, “Download Homework Questions here.”
- Who is this online study for? Anyone! (Use the “Share” buttons below and invite your friends!)
- How do I participate? Each chapter is meant to be completed on your own during the week. I will post every Wednesday and will lead you through the reading and assignments to help you prepare for the week. Some weeks I may include an audio recording of part of our in-class discussion, as well.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss the questions and what you’re learning in the comments section on this blog (Look at the bottom of this post and you will see the comments section.) Some of you may simply want to work through the study and never comment – and that’s completely okay!
- What if I miss a day of the study? No worries! Jump in and catch up whenever you can!
- Remember this is a public forum. Please be kind to one another in posting comments. Your comments will not post immediately. They will be moderated before being posted.
- Remember to rely on scripture for truth!
So … look for the Introduction Post for Brokenness on Wednesday. I look forward to seeing you right back here!
Jacqueline Heider is the Director of Women’s Ministry, Prayer, and Resource Specialist at Warren Baptist Church