Lord, Teach Me to Pray through Pain…
Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.
As you pray, draw to the God of all comfort. He knows your needs, your weaknesses, and your strengths. His loving arms can and will bring you rest and peace.
Lord, I thank you for …
- Your ability to not only sympathize with my sufferings but to comfort me and provide me with sustaining joy in the midst of the difficult things in mylife
- The knowledge of Your overwhelming and undconditional love
- Your goodness … even when I see no good in my situation, I can trust that You are good and perfect in all Your ways
Lord, I ask You for …
- Peace as I walk through _______________ today
- The assurance and confidance that You know the best for me in this situation
- The opportunity to share Your comfort with someone who is in the midst of pain today
And now Lord, I offer You praise. You are comfort and peace. You are trustworthy and true. You are deliverer and sustainer. I look to You for all things, Jesus.
Prayer crowns God with the honor and glory due to His name, and God crowns prayer with assurance and comfort. The most praying souls are the most assured souls. – Thomas Brooks