Lord, Teach Me to Pray through Pain …
Read Romans 12:12: Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
As you pray today, align your heart to God by surrendering your anxious thoughts and emotions to Him.
Lord, I thank You for …
- The truth of Your Word that commands me to “cast my anxieties on You because You care for me”
- The peace and rest that comes from time spent with You
Lord, I ask You to …
- Help me cultivate the habit of continual prayer throughout my day
- Align my heart with Yours in such a way that I can rejoice in the midst of pain, knowing that as You test my faith, You are growing me in Christ-likeness
- Cause me to put my hope in You, not merely the answers to my prayers
And now Lord, I offer You praise. I cannot wrap my mind around Your knowledge, power, or provision, but I can acknowledge that You are able to do more that I can even imagine. So with this heartfelt confession, receive my love and increase my joy that comes only from You.
The more we rejoice in our testings, the more we realize that they are not liabilities but privileges, ultimately beneficial and not harmful, no matter how destructive and painful the immediate experience of them might appear. – John MacArthur