Lord, Teach Me to Pray through Pain …
Read Psalm 9:9-10: The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
As you begin your prayer today, sit in silence for a moment and wait on God. Wait and rest in His presence before you speak.
Lord, I thank You for …
- Not forsaking me and for making Yourself and Your presence known to me
- Being that strong tower that I can run to and find safety
- Encouraging me to “be” with You in this moment, rather than “do” something for You
Lord, I ask You to …
- Confirm in my heart what You want my priority to be today
- Tune my heart to Your will and not my comfort
- Speak to me about any areas of sin or weakness that I have (Pause and wait to hear the Lord speak to You through the Holy Spirit.)
And now Lord, I offer You praise. I worship You today and open my hands to Your plans. You know better than I what this day will bring because You are all-knowing. I trust You, Lord Jesus.
Prayer is an acknowledgment that our need of God’s help is not partial but total. – Alistair Begg