Lord, Let me Live in Your Power and Purpose …
Read Ephesians 6:10-18: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
As you begin today, start by putting on each piece of the Armor of God.
Lord, I thank You for …
- The protection that comes from Your abiding presence and power
- The reminder that my battle is not with the people around me but against the spiritual forces of darkness
Lord, I ask You for …
- Protection against the schemes of the enemy
- The fortitude to stand firm and fight the battles of life on my knees and in Your power
- Guarding my gid-given purpose to share Christ and serve You for the sake of the Kingdom
And now, Lord, I offer my praise to You. I cannot fully Your infinte power, the vastness of Your love, or the depth of Your care for me. Thank You for securing and preserving my life.
Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a goodly Christian weapon. – Martin Luther