Lord, Help Me to Walk in Purity…
Read 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8: For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.
As you pray today, begin by recognizing the call the Lord has placed upon your life to strive for holiness. Acknowledge that covering up this area of life is to go against the Lord.
Lord, I thank You for …
- The power of Your Holy Spirit which helps me to fight temptation
- The call to walk in purity
- The gift of sanctification that is working and transforming me into who I am called to be
Lord, I ask You for …
- Forgiveness in the areas of my life where flesh has won the battle, remind me that it hasn’t won the war
- The strength to flee temptation and cling to Your Word
- Your help as I fight this area in my life and that I strive for the holiness You have called me to
And now Lord, I offer praise to You, for You are holy and good. Help me in this fight against my flesh and remind me that You do not leave me to fend for myself, but that You have given me the power of Your Holy Spirit to resist temptation. I offer myself as a living sacrifice to You, for Your glory.
God took the record of all your sins—all your sexual failures—that made you a debtor to wrath, and instead of holding them up in front of your face and using them as the warrant to send you to hell, he put them in the palm of his Son’s hand and nailed them to the cross. – John Piper